Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 10, 2009 - Belur Project

Rotary Centennial Project

Rotary Club of Belur R.I. Dist. 3290
Collaboration with Dist. 7410 and other Rotary clubs in US

I was shocked at the conditions these people live in. Especially in this village. Words can't describe the emotions I felt as I witnessed pigs and humans living and eating side by side, as if it was the normal living condition for all people. I couldn't help but wonder if I'm currently doing enough to provide a level of service to people in need. India has a side to it that many of us Americans don't see. I can't put into words the feeling I felt.

This experience will forever change my life!



That's Right !!! That's a mountain of trash!!! :-(

What are we really doing if we're not helping people which live like this? My world-view is changing more now then ever and I hope it will make me a better person for the future. I'm very impressed with how these Indian clubs get their hands dirty in the act of service.
http://www.rotaryclubofbelur.com/








2 comments:

  1. HI MR BRANCH I HOPE YOUR HAVING FUN .YOU DIDNT HAVE TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY WITHOUT TELLING ME.ALIJAH SAID WAS HE OFF THE TEAM WELL SHE YOU WHEN YOU COME BACK YOU PICKED A GREAT SUB

    ReplyDelete